Thursday 22 August 2013

Tricks with CSS

While I previously spent a lot of my time writing software for robots, these days I've ended up as a web developer/site manager. I don't mind the change of pace, especially as there is less chance of getting killed if you make a mistake while coding.
As a result of my new role, I spend a lot of time looking at Perl/Python/Javascript/PHP/html/css. I'm always on the lookout for clever implementations using these resources, especially where chess is concerned. Tonight I came across a very nice implementation of a 3d chess board done in html/CSS/Javascript. It has a very nice piece design, and a lovely board texture, While it does not have a chess engine behind it, it does check for legal/illegal moves. And if you are a coder/designer, the code for its implementation is freely available.
You can look at the finished product here, and browse the code at the same time.


No comments: