Thursday 29 December 2011

Through the Maginot Line

My post about sharing analysis from last week obliquely referred to the game below. As the game was still in progress at the time I could not show it, but it has since been completed, I can now post it here.
Again I wheeled out the Sorensen Gambit in the Advanced French, aiming for a direct attack against the king. After move 11 I had ideas of sacrificing the knight on d5 and pushing e6, but 12.Qf3 was a little finesse that I found in a couple of previously played games. After that is was about bringing pieces into the attack with tempo, before another sacrifice (Rxc6) helped finish the game.

Press,Shaun - Manley,Jason [C02]
Chess.com, 28.12.2011


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

9 Nxd4

Anonymous said...

nice game Shaun, as a French player, I will definitely have to take a look at this gambit. - PP

Anonymous said...

Fantastic game! My daughter and I played through it. Well done!