Friday 25 March 2011

Lifeline Bookfair

That great Canberra tradition, the Lifeline Bookfair, kicked off again today. Normally I am an early arriver, trying to get there before the doors open (although I am not one of the 6am queuers). However a recent shift of a weekly work meeting to Friday morning meant I had to wait until lunchtime to see what second hand books were to be had. Of course my concern was that all the chess books would be gone before I arrived, but I'm pleased to say this wasn't the case. In fact there was quite a large selection of books, although a selection that contained a high percentage of books I already have copies of. That didn't stop me picking up about 9 new titles, including a signed copy of Edmar Mednis's "King Power in Chess" for $4. I even picked up a trio of books on Go, which was also well represented this year.
As I will be busy as an arbiter at the ACT Junior Autumn Weekender for the next 2 days, this was my only trip to the bookfair. So if anyone else wants to grab some chess books (or Go books), I've left plenty behind for you to choose from!

No comments: